From the Think with Google blog… Understanding the impact of digital on in-store shopping three common retail myths are debunked.
- Myth #1: Search results only send consumers to e-commerce sites.
- The Reality: Search results are also a powerful way to drive consumers to stores.
- Myth #2: Once in-store consumers start looking at their smartphone, the retailer loses their attention.
- The Reality: Retailers can grab consumers’ attention through search results and their mobile site or app.
- Myth #3: Online research has lowered consumers’ expectations of stores; they really just go to a store to transact.
- The Reality: Consumers visit stores for more than just a purchase, and their expectations of retailers are higher than before. They’re looking for an informative, customized experience.
The research from Google was conducted with Ipsos Media CT and Sterling Brands.
Follow this link to read the original article in full, it includes some nice info-graphics.